I love crackers with some humous, guacamole or some homemade sunflower pate (I’ll share this recipe soon too!). I don’t often buy crackers in the shop because most are made with wheat (I try to avoid this food for a few health reasons), sunflower oil (inflammatory) and sugar (immune system lowering). Crackers might seem like a big task to make but I can assure you these won’t take you longer than 10 minutes to make, the house will smell amazing as you bake them and the whole family will enjoy breaking off some crackers to enjoy.
Flaxseeds (also called linseeds) are a seed packed with nutrients but are particularly healthy for digestion. Full of fibre they help to create motility and ease gut distress. They also help to relieve stress and hormonal imbalances as shown in this study!
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds
- ½ cup flax (linseeds) seeds
- 1 tablespoon of chia
- 2 tablespoons of psillium husks
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- A sprig of rosemary and / or 4 drops of Rosemary oil
- 500ml of water
- Finely chop the rosemary if using in the crackers
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl
- Allow the water to thicken the ingredients, usually about 10 minutes
- Spread thinly on greaseproof covered baking trays, I use 2 trays, you want it very thin but no gaps or holes
- Bake in the oven at 160 degrees for 1 hour turning the trays round half way through.
- It should look golden and crispy so add back in for another 10 minutes if needed.
- Break off pieces and enjoy!
** Make sure to only use doTERRA oils so that you know that the oils are safe for internal ingestion and are not adulterated. Most oils will say 100% pure but will be adulterated with synthetics so please take care. If you would like to get some doTERRA oils, please contact me because the flavours and health benefits are unprecedented.
If you want to look back on any of my newsletters for recipes you can find them on the blog link of my website www.thelifesutra.com.