Breakfast can be the hardest meal to transition to healthier alternatives, we’re short on time in the morning and looking for some energy to kick start our day. This is why I love this smoothie, the peppermint oil is so energising and really helps to improve focus and concentration for your day and it has lots of crunch with some cacao nibs for extra minerals and energy. Your children will love this smoothie and it’s full of healthy ingredients!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 apple
- 2 pitted dates
- Handful of spinach or other greens
- Green powder - I like to add some spirulina
- A small handful of sprouts (optional)
- 2 drops of peppermint oil
- 1 tablespoon of cacao nibs
- Peel the bananas and add to a blender, a nutribullet will do, I use vitamix
- Cut the apple and add the pieces. I add the core and all as there are nutrients and healthy bacteria in the seeds and stem but you can core the apple too
- Add the dates, greens and a spoon of green powder for extra nutrition, I like to ass some sprouts here too (check my blog for more reasons why)
- Blend until smooth and then stir in the peppermint oil and cacao nibs and the mint choc crunch - enjoy!
If you want to look back on any of my newsletters for info or recipes you can find them on the blog link of my website