Looking for a way to refresh tired skin and rub away the dead skin as you head into winter? Have a go at making this homemade recipe for coffee ground scrub. It’s also the perfect way to use up those left over coffee grounds, rather than chucking them in the bin.
- 1 cup of coffee grounds
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- ¾ cup of fractionated coconut oil
- 6 drops of essential oils of your choice, I love 3 drops each of Cedarwood and Patchouli *(more suggestion below)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Apply to wet skin.
- Massage in a circular motion to rub off dead skin and rinse off.
- Store the remainder in an airtight jar.
- Cedarwood – A woody scent used for calming and to alleviate stress and anxiety.
- Patchouli – Musky smelling, it’s the perfect dry skin oil and supports stress.
- Peppermint – A cooling agent that enhances mood, sharpens focus, combats irritation and redness, alleviates symptoms of congestion, and aids in digestion.
- Rose – Soothing rose helps with circulation, inflammation, and depression.
- Jasmine – Sweet smelling Jasmine has been known to enhance libido, and ease depression, tension, and stress.
- Bergamot – This citrus scented oil is great for skin infections, such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Tea Tree – A natural immune booster and known as an antiseptic. Good for infections, cuts, and burns.
I love to help people along their journey with health and a more natural way of living for their family. As a Nutritional Therapist, Health Mentor and Speaker, I do this with continued education, free cleanses and free Apps to help you use essential oils and other health tools, I also offer a personalised 121 wellness consultations and lots more. If you would like more information about how you can transform your health and wellbeing with natural solutions please get in touch via email or
This is also the perfect month to join doTERRA as a customer because there is an incredible offer, you can receive free Deep Blue Trio worth £88!! It comes with the Top 10 Oils and diffuser (the kit I started with), these oils will cover 90% of your most common health challenges in your home and I use them EVERY single day and I never travel abroad without them.
If you’re ready to start and purchase your oils,
I can’t go without sharing this kit with you all because I am so excited that doTERRA has finally managed to source a sustainable Palo Santo (also known as Gualawood) and they are offering this early release kit on pre order. Palo Santo is called “the Wood of the Saints” by indigenous people for it’s ability to raise your vibration and support your health. It also has Spanish Sage another beautifully cleansing oil. If you’d like to learn more about this kit you can read about these oils in
If you have an account already, then you can pre-order it in the special offers section of your account. Please contact me with questions though, I’m very happy to help.
I would love to share more natural health adventures while we travel in Mexico so please do give me a follow on Instagram below and tag me on your pictures @thelifesutra so I can share your health journey too, it’s always lovely to connect with you!!
I hope you enjoy making the scrub, they make lovely homemade presents too! Have the most beautiful weekend.