If you’ve been following my blog you’ll know that I am a big advocate of pure therapeutic- grade essential oils. I run classes locally and online but if you get the chance to come to one of my classes I nearly always make these…. so after much demand for the recipe I am finally posting it up! I will be honest, the single 1 drop of cinnamon bark oil* that I use in this recipe transforms the taste. You can use cinnamon spice but you don’t get the same intensity of flavour.
*Please do not use oils that are not safe for ingestion.
While this recipe has no-refined sugar, it does contain quite a few dates so adding cinnamon is a very sensible way to support balancing your blood sugar. Studies have shown that it cinnamon can lower even fasting blood sugar levels.
Full of healthy saturated fats in the coconut oil and seeds. Goji berries are one of my favourite berries cacao nibs which add a lovely nutty texture without actual nuts, therefore they are perfect as lunchbox fillers, an energy food between meals but even as a nibble when hosting a party!
If you’re interested in learning more about pure essential oils, then contact me to join one of my online classes or drop me an email.
- 1 cup of coconut flakes
- ½ cup of pumpkin seeds
- 8 dates
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- ½ cup of goji berries
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon or 1 drop of doTERRA cinnamon oil (never more than 1!)
- Add all ingredients into a food processor apart from half of the goji berries and the cacao nibs, blend until the consistency of fine gravel, this may take several minutes depending on the power of the blender
- Add the rest of the goji berries and cacao nibs and pulse in to give the energy balls a little texture
- Roll the mixture into ping pong size balls or smaller for children and add to the fridge for the coconut oil to harden
- Enjoy as a great energy boost when needed or gift to a friend