I don’t know about you but there is always the struggle this time of year to find the perfect gift for granny, sister or even the teacher present. Nothing says more thoughtful a present, then a homemade, beautifully wrapped gift.
This is the most gorgeous luxurious whipped body butter that will soothe your skin, relax your muscles and help you reach the land of nod zzzz you could even make an extra batch just for you!
- ¼ cup of extra virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup of shea butter
- ¼ cup of magnesium oil (can purchase using link below*)
- ¼ cup of almond oil or argon oil
- 20 drops of Serenity sleep blend oil from doTERRA or 10 drops of lavender and 10 drops of Vetiver, 10 drops of Frankincense (can purchase at a discount using link below**)
- Melt the coconut oil and shea butter in a bowl over a saucepan of water, using the steam to melt, also known as a Bain-Marie. Make sure to use a very gentle warmth to melt.
- Bring the cream to room temperature and mix with the almond or argon oil, whichever you are using
- Using an immersion stick blender or electric whisk, drizzle in the magnesium oil while whisking
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes until it starts to harden and turn opaque
- Take out of the fridge and whisk again while adding your essential oils of choice, this will create the beautiful whipped texture
- Add to jars and package for presents, like picture below.
*You can purchase here. You can use my discount code for a 10% discount VANWOO10
**You can order doTERRA essential oils through this link, it is often more cost-effective to open a wholesale account for 25% discounts but if you would like help with this, please reply to this email. doTERRA remain the only essential oils that are third-party tested for purity so you know there is no adulteration with synthetics (sadly often the case).
There is also an offer for a FREE Frankincense this month (value £85), usually a very expensive, revered oil to help support skin health and inflammation, like to know more? Drop me an email and I can discuss with you.
Magnesium Health Benefits
Magnesium is a critical mineral needed for sleep, heart health, muscle relaxation and so much more, it is also very depleted in our soils. Without Magnesium, you also can’t synthesise Vitamin D and most are deficient in both! One of the biggest signs you are magnesium deficient is loss of sleep and restless legs and studies like this have shown improvement by adding this mineral. Magnesium can also help to improve symptoms of depression in just 6 weeks, see study!
Have you joined Natural Health Mamas, over 100 Mamas have joined this new group and are starting to connect and learn about natural health together.
Join us there will be lots of SIMPLE recipes, health tips and more of the content you like to read here but in live videos.