100% of what you put on the skin in the underarm area is absorbed into the bloodstream. That is where your sweat glands and lymph nodes are located. Your lymph nodes are also carrying toxins around your lymph and the first place is your breast tissue, so we want to be very careful what we use in this area of the body.
When we use synthetic chemical deodorants, many contain parabens as a preservative. These disrupt estrogen production, unbalancing your hormones,
This is by far the best deodorant I have EVER used. It works and it smells amazing and doesn’t irritate your skin.
- 1 tablespoon of Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tablespoon of Arrowroot Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Shea Butter
- 2 drops of Rosemary Oil
- 2 drops of Wild Orange Oil
- Warm the coconut oil and shea butter over a very low temp until liquid (a bain-marie works best), remove from the heat and add all the other ingredients.
- Add ingredients to 30 ml glass pot, apply a small baby finger nail amount to under ram and rub in as a paste
I love to add essential oils to deodorant because they smell amazing but also help to support antimicrobial effects on the underarm (
You can also increase the amounts and make this in bigger quantities. I often do this and then I only make it about every 6 months.
If you don’t want to make your own, you’re short on time, I totally get it. We’re super busy people these days, then you can buy ready-made versions of this through doTERRA, I particularly love their Balance Deodorant (scented with a Balance blend essential oil – a grounding blend to support stress and anxiety).
When 100% is absorbed into my blood steam, I want to make sure it’s only plants that I’m absorbing and beautiful smells.